Yield: 6 servings
- Rating: ★★★★
- 2 lbs cabbage, roughly chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 8 oz tomato paste
- 28 oz whole peeled tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup rice, washed and rinsed well
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried mint
- 1 lemon, juiced
- A handful of chopped parsley
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Chop the cabbage roughly and blanch in boiling water, for about 5-10 minutes. Ensure the water is very salty when blanching.
- Brown and cook ground beer over medium heat.
- Add olive oil, onion and cook stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add in 2 tablespoons tomato paste and diced tomatoes. Stir well.
- Season with salt, black pepper and dried mint.
- Add in the chopped and blanched cabbage in the pan. Pour lemon juice over it. Stir well.
- Add in rice and stir.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add chopped parsley on it, pour 3/4 cup water and cover the pan. Cook it over the low heat until water is absorbed and rice is cooked, for 15-20 minutes.
- Add cayenne pepper and add 1/2 cup tomato paste into the pan, stir and transfer it to a casserole pan that is lightly brushed with oil.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
More delicious recipes