* 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded to even thickness
* 2 cup rice (uncooked)
* 36oz chicken broth
* 3 whole bell pepper
* 1 package of mushrooms
* 2 red onions
* roughly chopped cilantro
* 4-5 teaspoons cajun seasoning, divided
* 2 teaspoon salt
* 2 teaspoon garlic powder
* 3 teaspoon paprika
* 1 teaspoon pepper
* 1 teaspoon onion powder
* 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 1 teaspoon oregano
* 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1. Season chicken breasts on both sides with about 2 teaspoons of Cajun seasoning. Drizzle a large pan or skillet (one that has a lid) with oil and cook chicken breasts for about 1 minute on each side over medium-high heat, just long enough to brown each side of the chicken. Transfer to a plate.
2. Saute the onions in oil until translucent. Add the mushrooms until they shrink down.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low and add rice, peppers, chicken broth, and remaining 2-3 teaspoons Cajun seasoning and stir to combine.
4. Place chicken on top of the rice, cover, and simmer for 20-25 minutes until liquid is absorbed and chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.