- Rating: ★★★
- 1.5 lbs beef chuck roast trimmed
- 1 cup diced onion (half of a large onion)
- 8 oz white mushrooms, sliced or quartered
- 8 oz crimini mushrooms, sliced or quartered
- 1 sprig of thyme (3-4 slim stalks)
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1.5 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 cup full-fat sour cream
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and black pepper
- 12 oz egg noodles
- chives to garnish
- Cut the beef chuck roast to a thickness of 1 inch into slabs and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium high heat and brown the slabs of beef (approx 5 mins per side). Once done cut into approximately 1 inch cubes.
- Saute onions and thyme sprigs until soft and starting to brown over medium heat.
- Toss into the pressure cooker beef, beef juices, onions, thyme, mushrooms, flour, chicken stock, Worcestershire, soy sauce, garlic powder, and salt and pepper and stir.
- Pressure cook on high for 20 minutes and afterwards quick release.
- Begin cooking the egg noodles following the directions. When complete drain and add butter and stir to combine.
- To get desired thickness mix corn starch with water and pour into the pressure cooker while stirring. Apply heat to pressure cooker to return to a boil for 5 mins to set the corn starch.
- Turn off heat and allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Mix in sour cream.
- Season to taste with additional salt, pepper, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
- Ladle your Stroganoff over buttered egg noodles and sprinkle with parsley or chives.
More delicious recipes