- 3 lbs flank steak or skirt steak, sliced into trips (half inch, by inch)
- 2 red pepper thinly sliced
- 2 green pepper thinly sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 8 tbsp rice vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 8 cloves minced garlic
- 4 tbsp cold water + 2 tablespoon corn starch
- 3 cups dry rice cooked, for serving
- Add sliced steak to a large greased skillet and brown over medium heat 2-3 minutes
- Sauté onions
- Sauté peppers
- In a medium bowl whisk together water, sugar, ketchup, vinegar, red pepper flakes, and garlic. Add to pan with the steak and peppers and stir to coat. Cover and bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl stir together cold water and corn starch till dissolved.
- Add to pan and stir until thickened.
- Serve over cooked rice.
More delicious recipes