- 4lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 6 tbsp butter or other fat
- 2 onions, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons corn starch
- 32oz chicken broth
- 32oz shredded carrots
- 2 bunch celery stalks, chopped
- 16oz white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 8oz heavy creamer
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 12oz frozen green peas
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1. Cut the roasting chicken into pieces. Divide it into two thighs, two drums, two wings and two breasts.
- 2. In a large saucepan over a medium heat, melt the cooking fat. Once melted, add in the chicken pieces and cook until golden brown on all sides. Remove the chicken and put aside until later.
- 3. Add the onions to the same saucepan and cook in the remaining juices. Once they have sauteed and begun to brown, add the garlic and cook for a few minutes together.
- 4. If you wish to add a thickening paleo flour, do so now.
- 5. Whisk in the chicken broth. At this point you will be able to tell if the stew is too thick. If so, feel free to add more broth or stock, or even just water. Do so slowly while continuing to mix.
- 6. Add in the vegetables and chicken, along with any juices from where the chicken was resting.
- 7. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 8. Allow the stew to come to a simmer, and then cook on low, but still maintain the simmer.
- 9. Cover and cook for approximately 30 minutes.
- 10. Stir in the cream or coconut milk, green onions and peas.
- 11. Cook for just about another 2 minutes and serve.
More delicious recipes