- Rating: ★★★
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (four if you are a garlic lover)
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 potatoes, peeled and diced (try to use a waxy potato like Yukon gold (russets will disintegrate in the baking process)
- 1 (16 ounce) bag sauerkraut, from the deli aisle (not canned please)
- 1 lb beef kielbasa, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (two if you're an insane sausage lover)
- Put the cold butter in a cold pan with the diced onion, and slowly bring to a simmer on medium heat.
- This brings out the sweetness of the onions.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and simmer 2 more minutes.
- Add next 3 ingredients.
- Combine with the sauerkraut (undrained and not rinsed), kielbasa and potatoes.
- Bring to a simmer on the stove top.
- Cover loosely with foil and place in a preheated 225°F oven for 3 hours.
More delicious recipes